Thursday, November 18, 2010

Six Fig Newton

Recent reports suggest that Heisman frontrunner Cam Newton allegedly left his recruitment up to the highest bidder. It is alleged that he didn't go to his first choice Mississsippi State because Auburn made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Sounds like the Corleone Family was involved in the recruitment to me. Anyway, not only that but an anonymous source has said he was caught cheating 3 times while at Florida and was up for a hearing which would decide on his future with the school, if any, so he transfered to a junior college amidst all this, contrary to the report that he left due to seeking more playing time. To me, this is not only a smear compaign, headed most likely by his former coach, Urban Meyer, or excuse me, an anonymous source. I guess those two titles and Heisman winner wasn't enough to hold him over for a couple years. It's also ridiculous because there is no facts backing up any of the accusations. It's basically all hearsay. I could go tell a reporter as an anonymous source that I saw LaMichael James kill two people, and all of a sudden it would be top news apparently. Is it really that easy? Although after all this, do I think it's true? Of course I do. He didn't want to go there in the first place, but he suddenly had a change of heart because his dad told him to go to Auburn. That being said it really doesn't bother me at all. What do I care if he got paid some money to play. Good for him. I think he's earned it, and with how violent the sport is there's no guaranteeing anything these days. We just saw Tre Newton retire due to injuries in college and he'll never get NFL money. Hopefully he was getting money under the table, he definitely deserved it. The way I see it not paying college players is like prohibition. It still happens even if it's banned so you might as well legalize it so you can control it. Either way it's going to happen, and it's not fair to the schools that get caught to get penalized when every school is doing it. But in a world where cash rules everything the last thing these schools want to do is give some of it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment