Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Throw Vick A Bone

I'm sure we all saw Michael Vick's wonderful performance on Sunday. I wouldn't say that he's back though. To say he's back would imply that he was back to his old form. The guy we saw Sunday, however, was way better then the guy that played for Atlanta all those seasons before. Not only does he have the superhuman ability to run around the pocket and possibly break loose for massive runs, he can now sit in the pocket and pass the ball better then most quarterbacks in the league. Not only that but having him on the field seemed to open up the entire run game for the offense, now that the defense had to account for him too. I don't think it was a coincidence that LeSean McCoy had a career day at the running back position. When Vick is on the field it pretty much takes away a defender because you need at least one guy to keep his eyes on him. I am willing to bet when Kolb comes back the offense will go back to being very stagnant. Vick has left his mark and I'm willing to bet the other players on the offense are questioning who they want in there. All this being said I am about sick of all the Vick haters. Mainly just PETA the most whiney group of people I've ever heard of. I get what Vick did was wrong and I'm not saying I'm okay with it, but he's also paid an extremely steep price for it. It might have been the best thing for him, and now he is extremely humbled and hardworking. I don't see how some people can say they will never forgive him because it could have been way worse, at least he didn't kill anybody (Donte Stallworth). I am also sick of people talking about all athletes saying "If he was working a regular job, they would never let him back." Newsflash people, it's not a regular job! It's one of the farthest things from a regular job. If anything he went through a lot more than a regular person would with all the public scrutiny, being kicked off the top of the pyramid, doing time in jail, and losing about 100 million dollars. I think he deserves his chance now, and I'm willing to bet by next season he will be a top 5 quarterback. A guy that can outrun your fastest players and hit his guys right in the numbers, that's a pretty scary thought.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a sports fan, but your style and wit have me totally engaged and waiting with anticipation for your next, well-crafted opinion. Write on!

    ReplyDelete